Our mission is to establish Lifestyle Medicine, especially the adoption of Whole-Food Plant-Based nutrition, as the foundation for health and the healthcare system.
Our Vision: We envision a world where Lifestyle Medicine is the standard of care within the healthcare system, and where people are empowered to make lifestyle behavior changes based on the tenets of Lifestyle Medicine.
Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, was created to accomplish the following:
- Reduce the individual and societal burden of chronic disease.
- Reduce the burden of health care costs related to chronic disease.
- Address the root causes of these lifestyle-based diseases and not just treat the symptoms.
- Educate individuals about the power of a whole food plant-based diet and its proven ability to heal the body from within.
- Move so many people toward a happier and healthier lifestyle that the population at large moves in the same direction.
We will achieve our goals by:
- Helping people to move towards a Whole-Food Plant-Based eating pattern.
- Encouraging and helping people to increase their daily physical activity.
- Teaching stress reduction techniques.
- Teaching people how to take personal responsibility for their own health.
- Building community and social support for long term benefits.
- Conducting medical research to build the knowledge base of Lifestyle Medicine.
We are guided by the following principles:
- We will advocate only lifestyle changes that are affordable and accessible.
- We will always be aware of the need to reach out to those least likely to seek our help.
- We will promote only educational services.
- We will not sell products such as supplements, vitamins, or equipment.