Looking for a healthy, easy to make smoothie with just a few simple ingredients?
This is the perfect St. Pat’s Day smoothie. It’s the perfect way to boost nutrients, cell function and immunity, and slow down the aging process, which we know speeds up by consuming toxins and processed foods.
Now, you have options here. You can make this into a Relish Bowl, by limiting the water you add and the blending time.
Note: If you have a Vitamix or high speed blender, you can add all of the ingredients without chopping. If you have a low powered blender, you should chop the greens, soften frozen fruit and dates (by soaking in hot water for 10 minutes prior to blending).
- 2 cups leafy Field greens (arugula, kale, spinach, etc)
- 1 cup Mixed fruit – fresh or frozen
- Banana (for thicker, richer texture)
- A splash of lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup of water.
- 1 Tbs Flax Seeds (optional)
- 1-2 dates (optional for a sweeter taste, chunkier texture)
- Grind the flax seeds in an electric spice/coffee grinder or blender until they turn into flour. You can also use store-bought ground flax seeds but make sure the flax meal is fresh. (if using)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on low until desired consistency (relish bowl or smoothie).
- Spoon into glasses or bowls for immediate consumption.