Looking for a delicious, sweet Valentine’s Day treat for your loved ones? Look no further. Try this fruit-filled pie recipe, made with LOVE. It’s sweet and filling, without the sugar, fat and calories.
Sweeten your Valentine’s Day with this beautiful, plant-based fruit pie recipe shared by Chef Valeria Gomez, Courtesy of Plant Powered Metro NY. With or without a heart-shaped cake mold, this dessert filled with oats, dates, and berries is a heart-healthy treat that will make your Valentine’s Day special!
7 dates (soaked in hot water for 20 min)
1 cup of oats
1 teaspoon of powder cinnamon 1 teaspoon of vanilla
4 ripe frozen bananas
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Lime juice to taste
Lemon juice to taste
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup of almond milk (or any nut milk)
Optional: 1 teaspoon of maqui berry powder
Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries for garnish
To make the crust:
1. Soak dates for 20 minutes in hot water or until softened.
2. In a food processor grind the oats, leaving some chunks. Add dates, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Process for about 20 seconds.
3. Place the mixture in your mold, or cake pan, by spreading and pressing firmly onto the bottom.
To make the filling:
1. Blend the bananas, blueberries, and strawberries with the lemon juice, lime juice, vanilla extract, and nut milk until it is a smoothie consistency.
2. Fill the crust with the mixture.
3. Place the cake in the freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight.