These veggie bean burgers, adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie, are the bomb. The ingredients are inexpensive. They are very easy to make, healthy (low or no fat), and very filling! You can use any type of bean (recommended beans are soybeans, pinto beans, black beans), any type of flour ((recommended flours are oat, whole wheat) and herbs, spice, and seasonings to suit your palate. If you’re an improv cook, this is a simple recipe to adapt. And if you’re not, just follow the directions in the link from Chocolate Covered Katie.
Adapted from original recipe: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/veggie-burger-recipe-best/
15 oz dried Soybeans (cooked and softened)
3 Tbs Tomato Paste
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbs Oat Flour
½ Cup Cooked Diced Vegetables- (I used carrots, peas, and green beans)
I added ½ Tsp Paprika, ½ Tsp Cumin, and a ½ Tsp Curry Powder
- To make the veggie burgers, drain the beans, and mash either by hand, with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, depending on desired burger texture.
- Stir in all other ingredients, and form patties. (Add more flour if too soft to form patties.)
- Either pan fry–flipping halfway through cooking–or place on a parchment-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Flip, then bake an additional 10 minutes or until desired texture is reached.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated. – (I baked them.)