Lifestyle Medicine Courses for Medical Professionals
Thanks to a generous donation, RLMI Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses are discounted for qualified medical professionals!
Qualifying credentials include: MD, DO, CNM, CSW/MSW/DSW, DC, DDS, DNP/NP/APRN, DPH, MPH, OD, OT/PT, PA, PharmD, PhD, RD/RDN, RN, and Certified Health Coach. If your credentials are not listed, contact [email protected] to see if you qualify.
Click “Enroll Now” on the course(s) you want to take below and follow the instructions.
RLMI’s evidence-based courses in Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (LM) give practitioners the knowledge and skills to help patients help themselves and take charge of their own health. In the process, practitioners experience a renewed Joy of Practice, less burnout, and earn up to 34 AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™ as well as maintenance of certification (MOC) of the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine (IBLM) and national certification bodies (ABLM, ACLM, BSLM, PCLM, etc.).
The courses are provided at a substantially reduced price to medical professionals so you can experience the benefits of the programs and thereby refer your patients to them.
- Jumpstarting Health courses in plant-based nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine consist of the “Live Participation” experiential 15-Day Jumpstart program and the self-paced didactic “Foundations” course on the empirical basis for plant-based diet. The interactive 15-Day Jumpstart is certified by the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM) and takes place over Zoom. Medical professionals may receive up to 24 CME and IBLM credits for taking both parts of this course. Thanks to a generous donation, the registration fee for the Live Participation program is only $49, and the Foundations course is free.
- The Lift Project is an ACLM-certified program that teaches strategies to improve mood and reduce stress using the latest findings from positive psychology, neuroscience, and lifestyle medicine. RLMI’s facilitated version meets one hour per week for ten weeks of interactive Zoom meetings and is given several times a year. RLMI’s unfacilitated version is self-paced and can be taken anytime. Medical professionals may receive up to 10 CME and IBLM credits by participating in either the facilitated or unfacilitated version of the Lift Project. Thanks to a generous donation, the registration fee is only $49.
RLMI, a leader in Lifestyle Medicine education, created these courses to address the growing prevalence of chronic disease and its burden on the healthcare system, and to enable both healthcare providers and patients to experience greater health. Qualified practitioners can earn up to 34 credits by participating in all three courses.
RLMI also offers free Lifestyle Medicine Grand Rounds case presentations, a monthly, one-hour, Zoom-based event that includes 1 AMA and IBLM CME credit.
During this monthly interactive Zoom presentation, a challenging case is presented to a panel of leading Lifestyle Medicine experts. Audience participation is highly encouraged, as together we gain valuable insights into patient care management and build consensus around diagnosis and management. LMGR is intended for all medical practitioners, whatever their level of experience with Lifestyle Medicine.
ABOUT JUMPSTARTING HEALTH
These are CME-accredited courses in plant-based nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine. The “Live Participation” is an experiential course—taking Jumpstart, an intensive lifestyle change program—and the “Foundations” is a self-paced didactic course covering the empirical basis for a plant-based diet. While clinicians are encouraged to take both components, each is available to be taken separately and in any sequence. Jumpstarting Health is specially designed to teach clinicians the skills to empower patients to take charge of their own health. By helping patients help themselves, practitioners will experience a renewed “Joy of Practice” while earning up to 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
In “Live Participation” you will:
- Experience the benefits of Jumpstart
- Witness the progress of participants and the ways in which the program supports them
- Interact with other clinicians
In “Foundations” you will learn:
- The science and politics behind a whole-food plant-based diet
- How Lifestyle Medicine can prevent, arrest, and reverse chronic disease
- How to guide and support behavioral changes in your patients
Jumpstarting Health “Live Participation” is Centered Around the 15-Day Jumpstart
The program provides the information and support for positive health results and reducing or reversing chronic disease, all from the comfort of home. Jumpstart meets 7 times in group Zoom meetings over 18 days (including the initial orientation meeting) for a total of 11 hours of interaction. Providers are afforded a unique opportunity to witness their patients experience true health instead of waging a losing battle against chronic disease. Participants may have substantial changes in blood sugar and/or blood pressure. We strongly recommend that they consult with their physician as adjustments to medications may be necessary.
The results are indisputable. As documented in an article by RLMI published in the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, the average Jumpstart participant reported the following changes after two weeks:
“First the Docs, Then the Patients” teaches clinicians the rationale for whole-food plant-based eating and gives them the experience of participating in Jumpstart. This motivates them to refer patients to Jumpstart, starting a positive cycle
- Learn the medical and nutritional science behind a whole-food plant-based diet
- Acquire the coaching and behavioral support skills to help patients take control of their health
- Gain firsthand experience of Jumpstart to be persuasive when recommending the program to patients
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Lift Project Live Participation course combines mental and physical aspects of Lifestyle Medicine. Learn how to improve your patient’s mood using the latest findings from positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and neuroscience.
The facilitated version of the course consists of 10 facilitated Zoom group sessions, one hour per lesson, one lesson per week, with an associated quiz for each of the 10 lessons. This fun, immersive program provides clinical skills and insights from the participant group dynamics. While we encourage you to participate in the facilitated version of the course, you can still receive 10 credits by completing the self-paced unfacilitated version and completing all 10 quizzes. This course is designed to teach clinicians the skills to empower patients to take charge of their own health. By helping patients help themselves, practitioners will experience a renewed “Joy of Practice” while earning 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™