Lifestyle Medicine Courses for Medical Professionals
With the help of a generous donation, RLMI Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses are now FREE to qualified medical professionals.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
RLMI’s evidence-based courses in Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (LM) give practitioners the knowledge and skills to help patients help themselves and take charge of their own health. In the process, practitioners experience a renewed Joy of Practice, less burnout, and earn AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™. RLMI CME courses count towards maintenance of certification (MOC) of the International Board of Lifestyle Medicine (IBLM) and national certification bodies (ABLM, ACLM, BSLM, PCLM, etc.).
RLMI, a leader in Lifestyle Medicine education, created these courses to address the growing prevalence of chronic disease and its burden on the healthcare system, and to enable both doctors and patients to experience greater health. Qualified practitioners can earn up to 34 credits free of charge by participating in two courses. RLMI also offers free Lifestyle Medicine Grand Rounds, a monthly, one-hour, Zoom-based program for 1 CME and IBLM credit.
RLMI offers these CME courses:
- Jumpstarting Health, a course in plant-based nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine, with a “Live Participation” experiential component in an immersive 15-Day Jumpstart, and “Foundations,” a self-paced didactic component on the empirical basis for plant-based diet. The 15-Day Jumpstart is one of only four programs certified by the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM), and takes place over Zoom. Medical professionals may receive up to 24 CME and IBLM credits for taking both parts of this course.
- The Lift Project teaches strategies to improve mood and reduce stress using the latest findings from positive psychology, neuroscience, and lifestyle medicine. This ACLM-certified course is one hour per week for ten weeks of interactive Zoom meetings and is given several times a year. Medical professionals may receive up to 10 CME and IBLM credits by taking the Lift Project.
ABOUT JUMPSTARTING HEALTH
These are CME-accredited courses in plant-based nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine. The “Live Participation” is an experiential component—taking Jumpstart, an intensive lifestyle change program —and the “Foundations” is a self-paced didactic component on the empirical basis for a plant-based diet. While clinicians are encouraged to take both components, each is available to be taken separately and in any sequence.
Jumpstarting Health is specially designed to teach clinicians the skills to empower patients to take charge of their own health. By helping patients help themselves, practitioners will experience a renewed “Joy of Practice” while earning up to 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
In “Live Participation” you will:
- Experience the benefits of Jumpstart
- Witness the progress of participants and the ways in which the program supports them
- Interact with other clinicians
In “Foundations” you will learn:
- The science and politics behind a whole-food plant-based diet
- How Lifestyle Medicine can prevent, arrest, and reverse chronic disease
- How to guide and support behavioral changes in your patients
“The Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute has created an educational program founded on evidence based science proven to prevent and reverse chronic disease. The Rochester team, known for its success rate, is now able to offer their skill and knowledge base beyond Rochester nationally and internationally in a format with dignity and simplicity.” – Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D.
Jumpstarting Health “Live Participation” is Centered Around the 15-Day Jumpstart
The program provides the information and support for positive health results and reducing or reversing chronic disease, all from the comfort of home.
Jumpstart takes place over four 2-hour small group Zoom meetings. Two additional check-ins are optional but encouraged to build community and ask questions.
The Jumpstart program is virtual using interactive small group discussions on Zoom, affording providers a unique opportunity to have their patients experience true health instead of waging a losing battle against chronic disease.
Participants may have substantial changes in blood sugar and/or blood pressure. We strongly recommend that they consult with their physician as adjustments to medications may be advised.
The results are indisputable. As documented in a recent article by RLMI published in the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, the average Jumpstart participant reported the following changes after two weeks:
“First the Docs, Then the Patients” teaches clinicians the rationale for whole-food plant-based eating and gives them the experience of participating in Jumpstart. This motivates them to refer patients to Jumpstart, starting a positive cycle
- Learn the medical and nutritional science behind a whole-food plant-based diet
- Acquire the coaching and behavioral support skills to help patients take control of their health
- Gain firsthand experience of Jumpstart to be persuasive when recommending the program to patients
NOTE: After registering for a Jumpstarting Health CME course, you must separately register for a Live Participation 15-Day Jumpstart Program, which will constitute the live-patient segment of the program (instructions will be provided after registering). You must attend 10 hours including Days 1, 2, 8 and 15 of any program. Midweek check-in days may be used to complete the 10 hours. You may attend more than one 15-Day Jumpstart Program if needed to complete the required hours of live-patient programming. Day 1, 2, 8 or 15 may be repeated to complete your hours.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Lift Project Live Participation course combines mental and physical aspects of Lifestyle Medicine. Learn how to improve your patient’s mood using the latest findings from positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and neuroscience.
The course consists of 10 facilitated Zoom lessons, one hour per lesson, one lesson per week, with an associated quiz for each of the 10 lessons. This fun, immersive program provides clinical skills and insights from the participant group dynamics.
Requirements to receive the 10 CME credits:
Pass all 10 quizzes and attend at least 7 of the 10 facilitated sessions. If you are unable to attend 7 sessions during one 10-week program, you may attend lessons from a future program.
This course is designed to teach clinicians the skills to empower patients to take charge of their own health. By helping patients help themselves, practitioners will experience a renewed “Joy of Practice” while earning 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) through the joint providership of the Rochester Academy of Medicine and Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute. The Rochester Academy of Medicine is accredited by the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Rochester Academy of Medicine designates Jumpstarting Health for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and Lift Project Live Participation for 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com