IMMERSIVE LIFESTYLE MEDICINE
FOR MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS
Jumpstarting Health is Centered Around our 15-Day Jumpstart Program. Learn More About the Program
The program provides all the information and support your participants need for positive health results and for reducing or reversing chronic disease, all from the comfort of their home. Jumpstart takes place over four 2-hour small group Zoom meetings. Two additional check-ins are optional but encouraged to build community and ask questions.
Because the Jumpstart program is virtual, using interactive small group discussions on Zoom, it affords providers everywhere a unique opportunity to have their patients experience true health instead of waging a losing battle against chronic disease.
Participants may have substantial changes in blood sugar and/or blood pressure. We strongly recommend that they consult with their physician as adjustments to medications may be advised.
The results are indisputable. As documented in a recent article by the RLMI team published in the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, the average Jumpstart participant reported the following changes after two weeks:
- Weight loss of 5.8 lbs (7.3 lbs for those with BMI greater than 30)
- Systolic blood pressure drop of 6.8 points (16.8 points for those with systolic blood pressure over 140)
- Cholesterol level drop of 26 points (44 for those whose cholesterol was over 200)
- Low density lipoprotein (LDL) drop of 19 (33 for those whose LDL’s were over 100)
- Fasting blood sugar drop of 5.1 points (28.4 points for those starting in diabetic range)
- Many reported they are able to greatly reduce or even get off their medications which more than pays for the cost of the program in only a few months
ABOUT THE CME COURSES
Jumpstarting Health is a CME-accredited course in plant-based nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine which is centered on the 15-Day Whole-Food Plant-Based Jumpstart, an intensive lifestyle change program.
The course is made up of an experiential component—taking Jumpstart—and an instructional component on the empirical basis for a plant-based diet. While clinicians are encouraged to take both components, each is available to be taken separately and in any sequence.
Jumpstarting Health is specially designed to teach you the skills to empower your patients to take charge of their own health. By helping them help themselves, you will experience a renewed “Joy of Practice” while earning 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
In “Live Participation” you will:
- Experience the benefits of Jumpstart
- Witness the progress of participants and the ways in which the program supports them
- Interact with other clinicians
In “Foundations” you will learn:
- The science and politics behind a whole-food plant-based diet
- How Lifestyle Medicine can prevent, arrest, and reverse chronic disease
- How to guide and support behavioral changes in your patients
“The Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute has created an educational program founded on evidence based science proven to prevent and reverse chronic disease. The Rochester team, known for its success rate, is now able to offer their skill and knowledge base beyond Rochester nationally and internationally in a format with dignity and simplicity.”
– Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D.
THREE PROGRAM LEVELS TO CHOOSE
This course is based on participation in the live Zoom-based 15-Day Whole-Food Plant-Based Jumpstart.
This course contains 14 hours of self-paced enduring online materials on the empirical basis for plant-based diet and Lifestyle Medicine.
This course combines Jumpstarting Health: Live Participation (Jumpstart) and Jumpstarting Health: Foundations (didactic material) and is approved for 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
“First the Docs, Then the Patients” teaches clinicians the rationale for whole-food plant-based eating and gives them the experience of participating in Jumpstart. This motivates them to refer patients to Jumpstart, starting a positive cycle
- Learn the medical and nutritional science behind a whole-food plant-based diet
- Acquire the coaching and behavioral support skills to help patients take control of their health
- Gain the firsthand experience of Jumpstart which allows them to be persuasive when recommending the program to their patients
NOTE: After registering for this CME course, you must separately register for a Live Participation 15-Day Jumpstart Program, which will constitute the live-patient segment of the program. You must attend 10 hours including Days 1, 2, 8 and 15 of any program. Midweek check-in days may be used to complete the 10 hours. You may attend more than one 15-Day Jumpstart Program if needed to complete the required hours of live-patient programming. Day 1, 2, 8 or 15 may be repeated to complete your hours.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) through the joint providership of the Rochester Academy of Medicine and Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute. The Rochester Academy of Medicine is accredited by the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Rochester Academy of Medicine designates this activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.